Substance Abuse Treatment and Domestic Violence TIP25- 4 Hours
Contact Hours: 4
Instructor: Dr. Dawn-Elise Snipes, PhD LPC-MHSP
- Define domestic violence.
- Describe the connections between substance abuse and domestic violence.
- Describe how substance abuse affects treatment effectiveness.
- Define the components of holistic treatment.
- Describe effective methods of screening survivors.
- Identify components of crisis intervention.
- Describe treatment planning for the survivor.
- List actions to include in a safety plan to prepare for and prevent a domestic violence attack.
- List actions to take during a domestic violence attack.
- List safety actions to teach children.
- Describe laws and legal resources that can help victims of abuse.
- Describe psychosocial issues associated with substance use and domestic violence.
- Describe the connection between child abuse or neglect and domestic violence.
- Identify local, state and federal laws; laws regarding disclosure and consent; and legal obligations the provider has regarding reporting abuse.
- Describe ways to support and plan treatment for batterers.
- Identify components of The Violence Against Women Act.
- List legal resources available to victims, batterers and professionals regarding domestic violence.
$12.00 for 90 days
Built on aMember Pro™ membership software