Journey to Recovery Workbook Overview (6 Hours)
Based on the Book Journey to Recovery: A Comprehensive Guide to Recovery from Addiction and Mental Health Problems.
Instructor: Dr. Dawn-Elise Snipes LPC-MHSP, LMHC
Contact Hours: 6
- Examine cultural and human factors which have been identified as contributing to the development of addictions
- Explore the definition of addiction in terms of both chemical and behavioral/process addictions
- Discuss the function of addictions and reasons for use
- Review the Jellenik curve as it relates to the predictable path of addiction development
- Discuss methods for assisting clients in writing complete autobiographies and methods for using them to further the client's recovery process
- Explore the consequences of addictive behaviors and mental health disorders
- Learn how to use motivational techniques including the decisional balance exercise to help engage clients in the treatment process.
$18.00 for 90 days
Built on aMember Pro™ membership software