Ethics, Cultural Competence and Client Rights (6 Hours)
Contact Hours: 6
Instructor: Dr. Dawn-Elise Snipes
Improve cultural competence by helping the student...
- Define cultural competence, presents a rationale for pursuing it, and describes the process of becoming culturally competent and responsive to client needs.
- Address the development of cultural awareness.
- Describe core competencies for counselors and other clinical staff.
- Provide guidelines for culturally responsive clinical services.
- Provide organizational strategies to promote the development and implementation of culturally responsive practices.
- Provide a general introduction to each major racial and ethnic group, providing specific cultural knowledge related to substance use and treatment.
- Explore the concept of “drug culture” and its role in substance use disorder treatment.
- Review the Florida statute on patient brokering
- Review the Florida Statute on Patient Rights
$18.00 for 90 days
Built on aMember Pro™ membership software