Pharmacotherapy and Self-Help Groups (8 Hours)
Contact Hours: 8
Instructor: Dr. Dawn-Elise Snipes PhD, LPC-MHSP
- Identify the primary medications used to manage substance withdrawal and describe when they should be used
- Identify the drugs currently FDA-approved for the treatment of substance use disorders
- Identify a patient's stage of disease and whether and when to use pharmacotherapy including key indications and contraindications.
- To identify and define the purpose of 9 types of psychotropic drug classes.
- To name common side effects and risks of these classes of drugs.
- To list the five strategies for aiding tobacco users willing to quit (Five A's) and unwilling to quit (5 Rs).
- To identify and describe life-threatening syndromes that can develop as a result of taking psychopharmacological medication.
- To educate the counselor in ways to encourage medication compliance in client sessions.
- Discuss the different self-help group options
- Evaluate the pros and cons of each type of self-help group
$24.00 for 90 days
Built on aMember Pro™ membership software