Parenting Children- 6 Hours
Contact Hours: 6
Instructor: Dr. Dawn-Elise Snipes PhD, LMHC
- Participants will be able to describe the importance of building relationships with children, families, and colleagues.
- Participants will be able to describe the relationship between children’s social emotional development and challenging behavior.
- Participants will be able to describe how challenging behavior serves a function for children.
- Participants will be able to describe the relationship between environmental variables, children’s challenging behaviors, and social emotional development
- Participants will be able to identify strategies that can be used to (1) build positive relationships with children, families and colleagues; (2) design environments, schedules, and routines; (3) structure transitions; (4) help children learn rules and routines; and (5) plan activities that promote engagement.
- Participants will be able to use descriptive acknowledgment and encouragement to support children’s positive social behaviors.
- Participants will evaluate their work with children related to building relationships and the structure and design of their environment.
$18.00 for 90 days
Built on aMember Pro™ membership software